Joel Interviewed On Coast To Coast Tonite

Joel Skousen's Discussion Forums: The Secure Home (FAQ): Joel Interviewed On Coast To Coast Tonite
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

Fred Fuller (Ffuller)

Friday, January 05, 2001 - 12:11 pm Click here to edit this post
Joel is far too modest (or busy, maybe?) for his own good- he should be posting this. I just found out about this last night during a bout of insomnia- no matter where you are, there should be an AM radio station that carries the syndicated program Coast to Coast, Art Bell's old domain.The show goes on without Art, though he will return on Feb. 15, 2001.

But Joel is scheduled for tonight- so loose some sleep and listen in. It will be worth it. See the show's site for more info:

http://www.artbell.com

Tonight's Program

01/05/01 - Fri/Sat
Host: Mike Siegel

Guest: Joel Skousen

Skousen is a designer of high security residences and retreats and specializes in crisis preparedness, whether it is natural disasters, a major terrorist attack on a U.S. city with chemical or biological weapons, an economic crisis, or massive social unrest.

Book: Strategic Relocation: North American Guide to Safe Places

Webmaster (Tom)

Monday, January 08, 2001 - 04:27 pm Click here to edit this post
Thanks Fred, Joel asked me to post something but my Internet connection has been flakey and I just got the message today.

I checked the Coast to Coast website and found previous programs at: http://www.artbell.com/topics.html --click on the Windows 'flag' next to 01/05/01 when Joel was on the air to listen to the show via Windows Media Player on your computer. To order a tape of the show please call 888-673-3700 (9-5 Pacific).

Justin Mccombs (Jmccombs)

Monday, June 03, 2002 - 05:48 am Click here to edit this post
Any chance of Joel doing another Art Bell appearance? It would make good sense due to the India-Pakistan issue.

Brenda Bone (Bbone)

Monday, June 03, 2002 - 07:32 am Click here to edit this post
To make guest requests for Art Bell's show, the email to use is artbell@mindspring.com. Or you can write to artbell@aol.com. The best places where I've run into Joel Skousen's radio appearances most often are at http://www.radioliberty.com and http://www.rense.com. Check their "coming shows" lists. Also, you can often listen online to Joel's recent interviews by clicking on the "archives" sections at the Jeff Rense and Radio Liberty web sites.

Justin Mccombs (Jmccombs)

Monday, June 03, 2002 - 08:10 am Click here to edit this post
Thanks Ms. Bone.

Shawnee

Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 04:27 pm Click here to edit this post
Update: Art Bell left the show as of Dec. 2002. The new contact info for Coast To Coast guest requests and other messages is now:

George Noory
george@coasttocoastam.com

Barbara Simpson
barbara@coasttocoastam.com

Or Call Both Weekdays and Weekends

Western US: 1-800-618-8255 (toll free)
Eastern US: 1-800-825-5033 (toll free)
First time caller: 1-818-501-4721
Wild Card line: 1-818-501-4109 (anyone can call)

For international instructions see: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/info/callin.html

To reach Lex Lonehood, the webmaster: webmaster@coasttocoastam.com

P.S. To read a partial transcript of Joel Skousen's 8-10-98 interview with Art Bell, visit the "Research Archives" section at these discussion forums. Under "Research Archives," click on "Where Are Joel Skousen's Interviews?" Brace yourself for some scary reading!

Steve Stock

Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 08:19 pm Click here to edit this post
At http://www.coasttocoastam.com/ I just read that on Tues., Jan. 6, 2004 Joel will discuss terrorism and strategic relocation with host George Noory on Coast To Coast AM. Call-in numbers for Coast To Coast are listed here http://www.coasttocoastam.com/info/callin.html so we can ask Joel questions about terrorism and safe places during the Jan. 6 show.

Tristan

Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 04:33 am Click here to edit this post
I listened the day Joel was on Coast to Coast. I have shocked and disappointed to hear his comments to a lady who called in. She was very excited to be building a Dome home and asked Joels opinion. He basically said it was a bad idea. One thing he put down was the resell value. His comments were wrong. Maybe he's not familiar with Monolithic Domes homes from MDI but it sure made me rethink shelling out the money to purchase his book. I mean, if he's that wrong about MDI, what other things is he wrong about? Has his book really helped you? What does it contain that isn't easily found online? I'm truly interested in what you have to say. Thanks

Tristan Fremont

Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 08:07 am Click here to edit this post
Hi! Your name caught my eye. Greetings from one Tristan to another.

Besides our shared name, we must have shared interests, too. I also heard Joel's Coast To Coast AM show recently, and I have all his books, which I found to be a great investment. For 11 years now, I've worked in the building business, so I feel I do know a thing or two about construction. I did find plenty in Joel's books that isn't available online. His ideas are unique and I implemented some of them in my ranch home where I built a family room/office addition.

I also liked his idea of taking gravel and making the walls bullet-proof. His ideas and tips probably saved me thousands since I was able to do the project myself instead of hiring it done. Plus when building a high security shelter, you want as few outsiders seeing or being near the project as possible.

I'm a little familiar with Monolithic Dome homes because my brother thought he'd save money and get one. Since he had to buy about five sections--more than he expected--he ended up spending more than he originally planned and regretted getting involved with these types of homes.

I'm afraid I must agree with Joel in that Monolithic Dome homes are almost impossible to sell. My brother found this out the hard way by making a poor investment in a Monolithic Dome home.

Tristan

Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 12:12 am Click here to edit this post
Tristan, I'm not sure what you mean by "sections". I'm talking about an inflatable shell covered inside by foam insulation then rebar and concrete. It's one solid structure. We will be building ours in a few years, Lord willing, and it will be totally underground. That makes it a bit harder to be found and protects from storms, bullets, forced entry, radiation, etc.
My husband is going to work for the government. That means we will always have to live close to a major city. I'm beginning to wonder if I should just bend over now and kiss my butt goodbye. LOL I'm so freaked out over this end of the world crap. Not for myself really, but for my children.
LOL I think I'll choose the smallest town (the job will allow) in Tennessee. Anyone have opinions about that state?
Thanks for the info about the book Tristan. I might just invest. I'm curious. Are you a male or female Tristan? I'm female. We do have a unique and beautiful name, even if I do say so myself. :)

The other Tristan :)

LMS

Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 10:01 am Click here to edit this post
Re: “My husband is going to work for the government . . .”

Sorry to hear that, Tristan. Our prayers are with you.

Re: “I’m beginning to wonder if I should just bend over now and kiss my butt goodbye.” No, Tristan. Never give up. Just because your husband has made a poor choice in choosing a career, and just because his mind is about to be fried and filled full of lies, you still have your own mind. Keep it free.

Government paychecks and government pensions are nice, but most of us who have already “been there, done that” know that in most government-marriage triangles, three’s a crowd. Sure, the government is always the invisible third party anywhere there’s a business partnership, whether it’s a marriage or a regular business. None of us law abiding citizens can escape this fact of life. We simply must accept it and obey. However, when you invite the government to come live within your walls, too close to the heart and soul of your marriage and home, it’s like inviting a husband’s ex-girlfriend or ex-wife or current mistress to come indoors and live with you. Or it's like bringing a wild animal inside the house to live. Government pay is good, but other than that, having the government crawling all over any marriage (inside the walls at home) is like using too much cayenne pepper in a recipe that called for none.

Louise
(as in Divorced Louise—all because my husband took a job with the government years ago in another time, another place. If not for the government coming to live within my walls, I’d probably still be Married Louise living peacefully and happily as I did before my ex-hubby signed on to work for Big Brother. Soon afterward he slowly took on the personality traits of Big Bro over time). But your marriage doesn't have to take the same type of hit, Tristan. Forewarned is forearmed. Good luck.

bbrown

Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 01:25 pm Click here to edit this post
For 19 years I’ve been married to a husband who worked for the government. At first, I thought it would be a good thing for our family and we looked forward to having a little financial stability. It wasn’t long, though, until I felt like we’d been snapped up and gobbled up by a giant Venus fly trap. Our lives were no longer our own. I’m afraid I must concur with Louise. Even though my marriage survived (but just barely! I had to fight for it) inside the walls at home, “Three’s a crowd,” as Louise pointed out, when it comes to spouses with government careers. Some jobs simply aren’t worth the money and aren’t worth selling your soul for.

Bonnie B.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: