Building Secure Homes

Joel Skousen's Discussion Forums: The Secure Home (FAQ): Building Secure Homes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

AB inSC

Saturday, December 15, 2001 - 08:11 am Click here to edit this post
I'm a builder and have gotten halfway through "The Secure Home". I'm very impressed with the exhaustive detail it covers. Having graduated from a "highly respected" construction management program, I thought I knew it all about building, but Joel has opened my eyes to a whole new world. While I've been quite familiar with and interested in the behind-the-scenes workings in the political structure of today, until now, I couldn't tie it to my vocation of building. Now it all makes sense!

As a result, I'm very interested in getting involved with another builder who has experience in building Secure Homes. My wife and I live in the eastern foothills of the appalachian mtns. in South Carolina. Does anyone know any contractors in the South East who builds Secure Homes? Also, we may be looking to relocate to the intermountain west--if the opportunity arrives. Anyone out there as well with expertise in this type of construction.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

Tristan Fremont

Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 05:07 pm Click here to edit this post
In future decades, who knows? Our “secure homes” could be built and guarded by—are you ready for this?—robots!

Robot Builder Could Revolutionize Home Construction
A robot for "printing" houses is to be trialed by the construction industry. It takes instructions directly from an architect's computerized drawings and then squirts successive layers of concrete on top of one other to build up vertical walls and domed roofs.
http://www.rense.com/general50/rev.htm

Or how about a robot, made in South Korea or Japan, that guards homes?
http://www.bizreport.com/article.php?art_id=6434

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: