Asian Gangs-Mexican Gangs

Joel Skousen's Discussion Forums: The Secure Home (FAQ): Asian Gangs-Mexican Gangs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

Cecil T. Champenois, Jr. (Cecilc)

Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 10:22 am Click here to edit this post
This past Sunday, I was made aware of a bad situation in our neighborhood by a City Councilman and a Police officer. Directly across the street from our home is a woman who is known to be on "crack" cocaine. She has five little and young daughters. She recently set up her husband and got rid of him. She has invited in Asian Gang members and also is housing young girls between the ages of 14 to 17 for reasons that most would understand without specifically mentioning why.

In addition, we believe that drugs and money are passing hands through this home. This started about 4 or 5 weeks ago. The Police are doing all they can do, which right now seems to be nothing. Since I do not know what they are doing, it seems that nothing is being done, because as you know, even criminals have rights.

This past Monday morning at 5:15 AM, my eldest son and I walked out of my home to take him to his truck and me to work. What did we see? Three Asian Gang members standing out in the driveway across the street from our home. They looked us over as we passed by.

We walked to the left of our home, which is where our driveway is and what did we see? Tagging, which means, someone painted blue letters on our white plastic fence the local gang's initials, "HTP", signed by someone with the initials "VT". HTP means "Happy Town Pomona", a local Mexican gang.

Now, suddenly, we do not feel "safe" any more. We are going on about our business as if nothing is going on, however, we are very upset. The neighbors to the side of their home have been threatened by them (the people in the now "bordelo and drug home") and are now sleeping on the floor in their home, in case someone happens to send a stream of bullets their way.

This is good old sunny, southern California. I am a Texas boy. In Texas, as far as I remember, we could carry a weapon out in the open on our person and no one could or would say anything about it; I think that Arizona is the same. Yet, here in Califonia, the land of the enlightened minds from Berkely, USC, UCLA and other schools of liberalization, we are to rely solely on the Police, unless we are in our homes. But, of course, our weapons should have a safety lock on the trigger.

We cannot carry any weapons on us without paying a small fortune to obtain a conceal and carry permit. We are at the mercy of those who would run over us in the first place. It takes too long for any Police to respond in any city.

I was on the phone with a Police officer this week and I became so upset when I discovered how restrictive California gun laws are. The officer told me that in order to carry a weapon in your car, you must place either the gun or your ammunition locked up in the trunk so that the two do not come together, in order to avoid an accident or break California's gun laws.

So, I said to this officer of the law, "Now, what do I do if I am confronted by some gang members? Will I say to them, Y'all hold up now, my ammunition is safely locked in the trunk? I'll be right with you?"

It is no wonder that crime is rising in this state. Heck, the criminals know that the California gun laws are actually to their advantage; they are facing an unarmed public. How could you ask for a better situation for the criminals? And since when did criminals care about these "TOUGH" laws anyway?

I can guarantee you that if they tried this nonsense in the States of Arizona, Texas or Wyoming that they'd think twice as the public in these states are armed to the teeth. Even the Japanese in WWII were afraid to face the American public on our streets as they had heard that everyone in America has plenty of guns and ammunition.

But, alas, it is not that way now in many liberalized states. Our rights have been diminished by many politicians, some who think they are doing the public some good and others who may have ulterior motives.

Back to our gang problem. What will we do in the end?

We will probably feel that we are forced to move to protect ourselves. But then, what if there are other gang members in the city which we choose to move to? Darn, never thought about that one!

golfer (Gedwards)

Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 12:07 pm Click here to edit this post
I lived in California about 15 years ago, as a security guard in far south San Diego County. I was right on the border, off Dairy Mart road across from Tijuana. I talked to other security guys at the company I worked, and they told me that it was only a misdemenor to carry a gun on your person in California. I also used to see the local cops when I worked at nite, and made friends with them. Most of them were OK dudes. The cops would even tell me, they thought I should have a gun when I did my patrol work. At the time, I did have a permit to carry a exposed sidearm but no conceal carry ticket. At first I was hesitant to pack my gun at work, because the company I worked for would have frowned on it, but one nite that all changed. I ran into some gang members who I knew liked to make security guards a target. That convinced me to take my firearm along, in a holster on my belt. As time went on, I ran into one of the cops that I knew and he asked if I had my gun with me. I told him that I did and, to make a long story short, he basically just took the gun, and told me that I could pick it up at the station in a few days. And that's just what I did, without any problems. I'd like to say though that I knew the cop, and he knew I was a security guard doing my job. Also, I wouldn't normally pack heat if I hadn't felt there was a need. I certainly wouldn't ever, in a million years, pack a firearm where I presently live and work. There's no need and, in this state, it would be a certain felony and the lose of my rights. I don't necessarily agree with the situation, but that's the way it is here. Now I don't know the present laws in California and if it's still is a misdemenor to carry in the state. Check the laws for yourself and don't follow what I just said, but that's the way it was 15 years ago.

Webmaster (Tom)

Friday, September 02, 2005 - 05:10 pm Click here to edit this post
Another good reason to check the gun laws before a strategic relocation.

But if you are stuck, you are stuck.

As a police officer I have dealt with suburban hispanic gangs (MS-13) and I know how violent they are. The situation that Cecil is in is a very bad situation. You are right next to a violent gang. Even if they aren't targeting you specifically they don't care where their bullets end up if a rival appears in the doorway.

I can also tell you that law enforcement can do very little to help you. Our hands have been tied up by lawyers and we have very restrictive policies and laws in this situation. I would love to round them up and ship them to jail and their native country but it's not that easy unfortunately.

If the house is rented in my state (not CA) we can compel a landlord to evict if there is a history of criminal activity. If she owns the house however that won't work. Cops can surveil the house and try to pull over cars leaving it. People who frequent those places usually have suspended licenses, expired registrations, malfunctioning equipment that allow us to write lots of tickets and "harrass" them. After time those tactics can encourage trouble makers to relocate to another jurisdiction to start the problem all over again.

If your local vice team has the resources to begin an on going investigation they may eventually get search warrants and lock up the homeowner and seize the house. This however can take a looong time even if they are actively working on it. With a house like this in every other neighborhood I'd be surprised if they've even begun on your neighbors. Vice tends to be under staffed and over worked.

Remember the squeeky wheel gets the grease. Every time people are loitering in the neighborhood call in a suspicious person, "They don't live in the neighborhood and I don't know if they are checking houses and cars for targets." Every time a car parks out front with the THUMP THUMP THUMP bass playing call it in. Every time there is a loud party call it in. Eventually resources will be allocated to deal with the cause.

You have two options, leave or stay. Leaving sucks because who wants to get run out of their home by thugs? However if you have young children you may want to consider their safety and it is an option. The down side is maybe you're moving next door to the same problem. It's all over America.

If you stay you should really read Joel's books on securing your home. I would recommend you harden your home against burglary (which is very likely in order obtain drug money) and home invasion as well as more vandalism.

No trespassing signs are a must. Trespassing can't be enforced unless you can prove they knew they were trespassing. You may even consider exterior video surveillance. If you can't afford the real cameras you can get very realistic dummy cameras for deterrence. You'll want to reinforce your exterior doors against being kicked in. The hinges need long screws that anchor them into studs not the decorative frame wood. The door jamb also needs the long screws. Windows should be pinned (window locks are easily defeated.) A security system is good too. These days companies will install wireless systems very cheaply in order to get a committment from you for monitoring. Personally I wouldn't get ADT, my experience with them is they have a long response when checking on an activation.

You may also want to consider some of Joel's interior safety walls (filling the wall with gravel can stop small arms fire.)

Your local police department likely has a crime prevention officer who can conduct home security surveys. This will help you in getting good locks for doors and windows, address exterior lighting, and alarm systems. It can give you a good starting point for hardening your home.

Keep in mind that only in a fraction of 1% of police calls do we actually arrive while it is "in progress." Stuff happens so fast by the time we arrive we document what happened and try to catch the criminal for prosecution. Meanwhile you have already become victimized. Our liberal government establishment has ingrained upon us our dependence on them and people think the police can "protect" them. (Did you know the US Supreme Court has ruled that police do not have a legal obligation to use force against someone to protect you? Our guns are for our self defense not yours. I would kill someone in a heartbeat if they were threatening your life but I'm not legally obligated to.) Citizens must be responsible for our own safety and crime prevention we cannot rely on the government for it. The police are spread too thin and are too handicapped by lawyers to be truly effective at keeping people safe.

Most of the cops I know are huge supporters of the 2nd Amendment. I live and work in a state with shall issue CCW and we don't have the shoot outs in the OK Corral the Chicken Little media predicted. I would rather show up at your house to work a dead burglar or dead rapist than your victimization.

Good luck and stay safe, those thugs can be violent and dangerous.

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 04:22 pm Click here to edit this post
Cecil, I called the police a couple of years ago on a house harbouring illegals, and it was emptled and sold shortly after to seemingly decent folks. You might advise the local police that you insist that they check the residents for legal residence, and suggest they do so at a time when they have a house full.

Tom, what became of that issue of the police chief arresting an illegal for vagrancy?

Webmaster (Tom)

Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 08:24 pm Click here to edit this post
Ralph if you are referring to the NH chief who had an illegal arrested for trespassing I believe the Mexican government paid for legal defense and a judge dismissed the charge.

Webmaster (Tom)

Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 08:26 pm Click here to edit this post
As for checking immigration status even if we did and they were illegal there's nothing we can do about it. Being here illegally is actually not criminal. If we get someone locked up on something serious like a felony, immigration folks MIGHT respond and start the paperwork for the deportation. They are way too under staffed and under funded to respond every time a cop finds an illegal (let alone locking one up for another crime.)

Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 10:22 pm Click here to edit this post
Here's an update. The lady across the street was compelled to leave the house she has lived in now for a couple years and her husband was allowed back in; he has been given custody of the children, 5 girls. She tested positive for amphetamines, so the social workers, who seem to have the power here, somehow have the power to say who is going to live in the house and have custody of the children; the kids were very sad to see their mother go, but she made her choices, many wrong ones.

Even right up until the last minute last night through this morning, she was having a party all night long with her Asian and Hispanic gang member friends in the backyard. The drugs really make people do stupid things.

These people have threatened the neighbors on both sides of the home. The only thing these gang members respect is power and force. Because I am big, not one gang member has said anything to me or any of my family. I stand about 6' 3" tall as do my sons and also my daughter is about 6' 1.5" tall, although she is skinny as a rail.

We are hoping that things will settle down here, but there could be reprisals against the man of the house, who took possession of it today as well as hsi children; we hope not. I do not want to be put in the position of becoming a killer, but if any of mine are harmed, what should I do?

I know exactly what to do and can do it. I knwo how to kill, although I've never done it. Six years in the Marines and the rest in the Navy and retiring from the Navy Reserve have taught me about force, if needed.

Frankly, I like peace. I like to feel safe, respected and happy. I like to talk to my neighbors in English or Spanish, know them and get along with them, but this lady really made a mess of things while she was here. She is gone as of today as I said and we are all breathing a big sigh of relief. But, is her influence going to remain? What more trouble will she cause here?

The man told me that his wife did this before and coming to our neighborhood was her second chance; he is filing for divorce; she blew her second chance. I feel sorry for her, but she has to reap the consequences of her actions; if she loves her drugs and illicit sex more than her children, then that is her reward.

Oh, the good thing is that the bordello she was running is gone, but she is only moving it to another neighborhood; that is the bad news. The worst part of it is that the girls she had in her bordello are as young as 14 and as old as maybe 16 or 17; I hate to even mention it, but my question would be "Why do the police do nothing about these young girls?"

Webmaster (Tom)

Sunday, September 04, 2005 - 11:27 am Click here to edit this post

Quote:

I do not want to be put in the position of becoming a killer, but if any of mine are harmed, what should I do?

Whatever is reasonable and necessary to protect the lives of you and your family.

Quote:

I hate to even mention it, but my question would be "Why do the police do nothing about these young girls?

The 4th Amendment prevents us from kicking in the door and dragging them out. Without catching them in the act of prostitution it is impossible to prove it (in court we have to prove it, not just know it.) Those girls are probably exchanging sex for drugs. This is a very difficult bust to pull off with undercover officers, especially if you consider that they are probably dealing with people they know and aren't inviting strangers in off the street. It's probably impossible to pull off.

If we can ID them leaving the house and determine they are runaways we can take custody of them. Otherwise it isn't illegal to hang out in a house.

I understand your frustration, there is nothing more the cops want to do than clean up stuff like that. However we have to operate within a legal and constitutional system that makes it hard for us to bust up problems because the system is trying to prevent us from abusing our power against the innocent. A worthy goal however you have to anticipate that if it is hard to come down on the innocent it is equally hard to come down on the criminal.

Monday, December 18, 2006 - 12:11 pm Click here to edit this post
I was told that you can go to http://www.packing.org to find out the gun laws in each state.

Additionally, we have moved out of the old home and live in another city now; the lady is back in that home and appears to possibly be having gang members over again, while her husband is at work; I don't think he is completely aware of what she is getting into. Man, this is one crazy world where drugs and gangs are involved.

Arial (Arialbatzion)

Monday, December 18, 2006 - 03:56 pm Click here to edit this post
This is an interesting discussion. My own awakening came when my son went to work for the local fire department. Because the emergency medical equipment is on the fire engine, he responded, along with the police, to police calls. It was about then that he told me, "Mom, get it out of your head that the police are here to protect you. The police do not go in where there is shooting or violence is in progress. They "stand by in the area" and go in and write up the report when it's all over. You have to protect yourself!"

My apologies to police officers in areas where this is not the procedure. I am in a medium-size metropolitan area in Florida. At the time we lived on the Indian River and had a dock. I heard shooting one night, looked out into the darkness and could see two shadowy figures wrestling on the dock and then disappeared--as if they may have fallen off to the ground or water below. After that . . . nothing. I called 911 and watched out the window for 45 minutes waiting for the police to rush in. They did not. I called the police again and she insisted, "They are already on the scene." I said, "No they aren't. I am watching out the window." She insisted they were. I'm sure they were . . . standing by in the area until they were sure it was all over.

I went back to bed because I wasn't going to go out there alone in the dark. Not sure when but finally a knock came on the door. The police. They took my story, then went across to the dock.

I am writing this to say if you are a man reading this, try to insist your wife learn to safely handle a firearm. For women, if a 60+ year old woman can do it, so can you! As my son told me, get it out of your head that you can call 911 and they will rush in and save you. It probably is not going to happen!

In my 60s I took several NRA classes and am a certified NRA instructor. So ladies, if you're afraid of a firearm, it is an unnatural fear that you have picked up from someone else. If you learn to understand a firearm and use it, you will be a lot safer, and your children as well. You never know when the safety of your family might depend on you! I would move out of any state where I am denied the means to protect myself. My .38 special makes me pretty close to equal to any man around. :)

golfer (Gedwards)

Monday, December 18, 2006 - 04:23 pm Click here to edit this post
By Supreme Court decision, the police are NOT there to protect you. The police are on duty to ENFORCE the law. There is a big difference in which your life could be at stake. I agree and the Constitution supports your view on defending yourself which, by the way, the fear mongers in the media disagree. Don't let those commies do your thinking for you. Be responsible, be safe, be armed. It's interesting that on my latest renewal for GOA, one of the questions on the form was if you believed that the 2nd amendment issue of the militia should be brought up before Congress. I say, 'about time!'. Operational militias should have been in existence in all fifty states since the inception of the Nation. Go GOA, you're the best!

Monday, December 18, 2006 - 05:30 pm Click here to edit this post
What is GOA?

golfer (Gedwards)

Monday, December 18, 2006 - 05:44 pm Click here to edit this post
The best lobby group in DC - Gun Owners of America. Go to http://www.gunowners.org/ and join up. Like I say - they're the best

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: