JFK Assassination

Joel Skousen's Discussion Forums: Research Archives: JFK Assassination
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

Jim Clifford (Clifford)

Saturday, March 31, 2001 - 08:02 pm Click here to edit this post
For those interested in the JFK assassination I recommend going to WWW.Prouty.org where there is a wealth of apparently pertinent information. Colonel Prouty, now retired, was the liaison between the Joint Cheifs of Staff and the CIA's covert activities at the time of the assassination. He has direct knowledge of much of what was happening that appears to relate to the assassination.

I would be interested in the opinion of others on this subject.

Noel Anderson

Tuesday, April 10, 2001 - 01:13 pm Click here to edit this post
Use google.com to do a web search on Fletcher Prouty and you will find enough questions raised
on the first page of your hits to make you leery
of Prouty. His flakiness is more obvious on
subjects other than the JFK assassination, where
his authoritative sounding assertions can rarely be verified one way or the other.

Mike Perin

Friday, March 15, 2002 - 11:05 pm Click here to edit this post
Noel, please remember that one of the most important and commonly used tools to silence Establishment critics, is to smear them with allegations of racism and anti-semitism. The recipe is the same each time, "so and so was seen with so-and-so, and refused to distance themselves from their neo-Nazi fascist positions.

For once I would like to see the subjects actually debated rather than just pre-emptive name calling, slash, kill the messenger stuff.

Steve Stock

Monday, March 10, 2003 - 01:31 pm Click here to edit this post
JFK And Other Assassination Web Sites
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/sites.htm

Jack Ruby
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/ruby.htm

JFK Files: Archives
http://www.jfkfiles.com/archives/index.htm

JFK Resources Online
http://users.southeast.net/~cheryl/jfk.html

JFK / The Kennedy Assassination Home Page
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

The 6th Floor Museum at Dealy Plaza
http://www.jfk.org/home.htm

The President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection
http://www.nara.gov/research/jfk/index.html

Steve Stock

Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 12:21 pm Click here to edit this post
New JFK Assassination Theory

Excerpt from
Nov. 22, 1963: ‘All You’ve Heard Is Wrong’

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=34711

An upcoming release by WND Books based on recently declassified federal documents, material supplied by the KGB, information from the Bonano crime family, documents obtained from a French court and the only interview done with a French witness previously only debriefed by the FBI and CIA, promises to cut through the confusion and completely change the debate.

In "Triangle of Death," co-authors Brad O'Leary and L.E. Seymour untangle for readers a seemingly outrageous web that becomes increasingly convincing with each corroborated detail.

They build a case that leads to a stunning, but convincing conclusion: President John F. Kennedy was killed Nov. 22, 1963, as the result of a massive conspiracy between the CIA-installed government of South Vietnam, the French global heroin syndicate and the New Orleans Mafia.

The book – which includes details of a first-time-ever crime scene re-creation at Dealey Plaza – shows how Kennedy planned and developed a coup d'état that resulted in the political murders of Ngo Dinh Diem, the Catholic president of South Vietnam, and his two brothers just 22 days before his death. The U.S. State Department suppressed this information for more than 30 years.

Evidence includes an exclusive new interview with one of the primary players and federal documents that only recently have been declassified or released – exclusively to the authors.

But more important than any of that, the authors say, this book reveals an official CIA document "that may well be the most shocking piece of evidence ever to arise from the enigma surrounding Kennedy's murder."

The document affirms that an international assassin had been captured by U.S. authorities in Dallas less than 48 hours after Kennedy was shot, and that instead of arresting him, those same U.S. authorities secretly flew the assassin out of the country to freedom.

The authors also reveal a Mafia chieftain, who employed Jack Ruby and Lee Harvey Oswald's uncle, confessed to federal officers he had been directly involved in Kennedy's murder.

In addition, O'Leary and Seymour recount how the United States and the Soviet Union both went on high military alert immediately after Kennedy's death, bringing the world to the brink of nuclear annihilation.

Other facts uncovered by the book include:

· Mafia Godfather Joe Bonano saw Jack Ruby gun down Oswald and knew immediately that it was a mob hit. Bonano offered to testify before the Warren Commission but never was called.

· In 1963, Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev ordered the KGB to find President Kennedy's killer. The FBI never asked for the KGB's report.

· Lyndon Johnson and Hubert Humphrey secretly identified who they believed ordered JFK's assassination.

· Robert Kennedy's biographer finally admitted RFK, the president's brother and then-attorney general, prevented testimony of certain witnesses to the Warren Commission.

· Kennedy's brain – a crucial piece of forensic evidence – was stolen by a U.S. Navy admiral, on Robert Kennedy's orders.

· Robert Kennedy didn't want his brother's death investigated because the investigation might uncover the fact that he, along with the president and the rest of the Kennedy White House, had drawn up operational plans to assassinate Fidel Castro after the Bay of Pigs invasion.

Read the full article at

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=34711

Eden

Friday, November 14, 2003 - 08:15 pm Click here to edit this post
Majority believe JFK assassination a conspiracy
Poll: 57% reject government's lone-gunman explanation

With the 40th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy days away, a new poll indicates a majority of Americans don't believe the government's official version of how he was killed. Only one in five likely voters polled by Zogby International, or 22 percent, said they believe the Warren Commission's determination that a lone gunman, Lee Harvey Oswald, committed the crime.

In contrast, nearly three in five, or 57 percent, believe a conspiracy of at least two or more gunmen was responsible for the slaying. Another 10 percent had another theory, and 11 percent were not sure . . . Full story and more JFK links at

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35618

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Friday, November 21, 2003 - 03:16 pm Click here to edit this post
I hope many of you watched the TV program hosted by Peter Jennings last nite on the Kennedy shooting in Dallas. I'm not up on that subject, but I felt the produceres were trying to literally browbeat us into accepting their explanations.

The only aspect of it all that I feel somewhat qualified to comment on is the actual shooting attributed to Oswald. I have plenty enough experience at accurate rapid fire shooting with the M1 Garand. I think the Italian Carcano carbine is particually unsuited for that kind of shooting.

I hope many of you will share your observations, impressions and opinions on last nite's presentation.

Darrell Ostler (Dostler)

Monday, November 24, 2003 - 11:53 am Click here to edit this post
I did not watch the show as we choose to not have television in our home. We watch videos once in while but that is another discussion thread.

Your message about rapid fire rifle techniques intrigues me greatly. Earlier this year I had to travel to Dallas on business. I spent several hours at the book depository where it is claimed that Oswald shot Kennedy.

While I do not have training in rapid fire rifle techniques, I have shot bolt action rifles enough to know that I could not have gotten off six shots in under five seconds (with two of them hits). I'm pretty sure that's what the audio tape proved happened, but I may have the numbers mixed up. It could have been five shots in under six seconds.

What complicates things more are the vectors involved. The target was moving down, to the right and away from the position of the alleged shooter. I'm not sure, but that is three vectors that the shooter would have to deal with.

Furthermore, the Dallas museum did not have much material on any training that Oswald may have had. So here is my question: Can anyone be trained or train themselves enough to be able to cycle a bolt action rifle (any) fast enough and accurate enough to get 2 hits from five or six shots in under five or six seconds (whichever was the case in Dallas)?

I told my wife as we walked through the book depository that I didn't think it was possible.

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Monday, November 24, 2003 - 09:33 pm Click here to edit this post
I have thought a bit more about it, and I think on the program they talked about 3 shots in 8 seconds. I'd like to know how 6 seconds grew into 8 seconds. Probably like the reported size of the alleged ANFO bomb of OKC varied from 1200 pounds as high as 5600, and then settled out at 4800 pounds. Also, it might be feasable for a man with prior experience to train himself to rapid fire the bolt action Carcano carbine with accuracy. Here's why: The Carcano shoots a relatively low powered cartridge, so the recoil might be light enough to permit quick recovery. The Carcano was about the cheapest thing going back then. I understand that LH Oswald's finances were bad, so maybe that's all he could afford. But the scope and mounting costs would be more. I question who in his right mind would pay to have a scope mounted on a Carcano. Other bolt action rifles costing not much more are much better suited for that particular application.

I talked with a man who has in recent years done his own research of the JFK shooting, and told me his final conclusion is that the Govt. is withholding a good bit of information from the public. Just like the JFK Jr. plane crash, the OKC bombing, Pearl Harbour, and probably 911 as well.

I guess nobody else using this site watched the program.

True North

Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 09:46 am Click here to edit this post
Darrell,

I am able to shoot my .308 bolt action rifle quickly... about one shot per second. I even used it in an "tactical shooting" competition where most of the other shooters were using .223 battle rifles. I did surprisingly well. (My overall speed was affected by having to change 5-round magazines much more often than other shooters who were using 20 or 30 round magazines on their battle rifles.)

It takes some practise to develop a reflexive "bolt flick" to immediately chamber a new round after squeezing the trigger. Jeff Cooper's book "The Art of the Rifle" explains how.

I have no idea whether L.H.O. was able to shoot this quickly, but for someone with training (and a gun with a nice smooth bolt), it is possible. You don't even need to shoot real ammo to develop the skill. Dry firing (at a TV?) works.

Darrell Ostler (Dostler)

Monday, December 01, 2003 - 01:08 pm Click here to edit this post
Interesting. Thanks for sharing that. I might have to investigate this book by Mr. Cooper. I bought a semi-auto rifle years ago because I couldn't seem to do well with a bolt action in hunting situations where quick follow-up shots were necessary. I hate to admit my first shot missed, but the physical dyanmics brought about by buck fever is something that really does affect one's ability to be accurate.

I have read a book about right-handed snipers in Viet Nam who would reach over the top of the rifle, and with their left hand, cycle the bolt action while holding the gun on target and just lifting their head slightly. Is this how Cooper teaches one to be fast with a bolt?

I haven't tried that method but I can't picture how to do it without getting my fingers tangled up in the bolt or the scope. And any time I move my eye away from the scope it takes a long time to aquire the target again.

One other question for you as you are obviously a regular shooter. This "smooth bolt" you talk about--how does one make a Remington 700 smooth? Is it even possible? My dad and I have owned a few of them but they are always sticky even when the gun is well seasoned. Is there something that can be done to make the action slicker or does one need a fancy mauser action or something?

True North

Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 12:15 am Click here to edit this post
Darrell, Col. Cooper doesn't teach the "reach over the scope" method of cycling the bolt. Instead, it's a "wiping motion" with the right hand (for a right handed shooter). The hand, fingers extended, thumb at right angles to them, wipes upward and backward, then forward and downward. Kinda like brushing a bug off your ear.

Another trick for shooting your bolt action gun faster is to use an intermediate eye relief scope. It's mounted farther forward than a regular scope, enabling you to keep both eyes open during shooting. Because the scope's farther forward, it doesn't block your view as much, so target acquisition is faster. These types of guns are called Scout rifles -- a concept pioneered by Col. Cooper himself. The Steyr Scout is a superb gun, but spare parts are hard to find in North America. Other Scout rifles are built, or you could have one custom made.

If you want to "become one with your gun", take a rifle class from Gunsmoke Guns in Colorado. (http://www.gunsmokeguns.com) People travel from all over the USA for their classes, which are usually held at the NRA's Whittington Center (http://www.nrawc.org) several times a year. You'll be amazed what five days of good instruction will do.

There are a few ways to make a bolt smoother. Starting with a good gun will help. Proper lubrication on the locking lugs is essential, since that's where most of the force is applied as the bolt rotates into or out of battery. Sometimes a sticky bolt can be made smoother with a minor amount of filing or sanding... focusing on the locking lugs. A local gunsmith could give you some pointers, or do the job for you.

Eden

Sunday, December 07, 2003 - 01:06 pm Click here to edit this post
A Cookeville, TN doctor presented a paper on the fatal head wounds suffered by President John F. Kennedy at a conference in Pittsburgh on the 40th anniversary of Kennedy's assassination last month. He is Dr. Randy Robertson, a radiologist at Premier Diagnostic Imaging in Cookeville, who has concluded that the assassination resulted from a conspiracy, not the shooting of a lone gunman, Lee Harvey Oswald.

Full story at http://www.herald-citizen.com/NF/omf.wnm/herald/news_story.html?[rkey=0028605+[cr=gdn
(also at http://www.worldnetdaily.com page 1 on 12-7-03)

Steve Stock (Steveandkaystoc)

Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 07:57 am Click here to edit this post
Audio Tape May Reveal Secrets Of JFK's Assassination

Scientists are to produce a digital copy of the only known audio recording of the assassination to allow researchers to analyze the sound of the gun-shots captured on the recording.

http://www.rense.com/general56/joofk.htm

Jake Coltrane (Jakecoltrane)

Friday, March 04, 2005 - 02:14 pm Click here to edit this post
Amazing Ironies, Striking Similarities & Curious Coincidences Of Two Suspicious Events

By Douglas Herman
3-4-5

(A). Fifteen minutes after JFK is shot, Dallas Police dispatch an APB for a suspect fitting Lee Harvey Oswald's exact description, although Oswald has neither been implicated nor his weapon found. Moments after 9-11 attack, a scorched passport allegedly belonging to an Islamic hijacker is found near the WTC wreckage.

(B). Alleged JFK assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald, was a former CIA operative. Alleged 9-11 mastermind, Osama Bin Ladin, was former CIA operative.

(C). Oswald allegedly had a Communist background. Islamic hijackers allegedly had an Al Qaeda background. After JFK assassination and convenient murder of Oswald, Cold War spending increases; Vietnam war escalates. After WTC attack, Persian Gulf "terrorism" spending increases; Gulf wars escalate.

(D). Ruby enters Dallas police basement unseen by security. Exactly how remains a mystery. Al Qaeda hijackers enter airliners unseen by security cameras. Exactly how remains a mystery.

(E). JFK assassin benefits by convenient motorcade route past the murder site. 9-11 terrorists benefit by convenient Pentagon war games planned for same day as attack.

(F). Secret Service scapegoated after JFK. FAA scapegoated after 9-11.

(G). After JFK assassination, a Texas president assumes enormous power. After 9-11 attack, a Texas president assumes enormous power.

(H). Texas companies--Bell Helicopter, Brown & Root--profit greatly after JFK assassination. Texas companies--Halliburton, Kellogg, Brown & Root--profit greatly after 9-11 attack.

(I). Warren Commission appointed by Texas president to investigate JFK death conducts lengthy hearings, publishes weighty, critically acclaimed books--and blames Oswald. Kean Commission appointed by Texas president conducts lengthy hearings, publishes weighty, critically acclaimed book--and blames Osama Bin Ladin.

(J). After JFK assassination, prominent mainstream columnists parrot official goverment version. After 9-11 attack, prominent mainstream columnists parrot official government version.

(K). JFK conspiracy theorists deemed nut cases or unpatriotic. 9-11 conspiracy theorists deemed nut cases or unpatriotic.

(L). Flight of JFK's Magic Bullet explained away by every government official. Tragic Flight 93 explained away by every government official after 9-11.

(M). A tall building in Dallas, The Texas School Book Depository, is a crucial key to all JFK conspiracy theories. A tall building in New York, actually the controlled demolition of WTC-7, is a crucial key to all 9-11 conspiracy theories.

(N). Dallas police arrest suspicious characters at the JFK murder site, so-called "hobos." They release them without charges. New York police arrest suspicious characters near the WTC murder site, so-called "Israeli furniture movers." FBI releases them without charges.

(O). An immediate hardline foreign policy shift follows JFK assassination. An immediate hardline foreign policy shift follows the 9-11 attack.

(P). After JFK, a Texas president embarks on trumped up war, which soon becomes quagmire. After 9-11, a Texas president embarks on trumped up war, which soon becomes quagmire.

(Q). After JFK, the war in Vietnam begins with a great lie--the Gulf of Tonkin attack. After 9-11, the war in Iraq begins with a great lie--the weapons of mass destruction deception.

(R) After JFK, the Secretary of Defense conducts a vicious war and denies blame for culpability. After 9-11, the Secretary of Defense conducts a vucious war and denies blame for culpability.

(R) After JFK, anti-war protesters are blamed for the failing policy in Vietnam. After 9-11, anti-war protesters are blamed for the failing policy in Iraq.

(S) Covert CIA attrocities--Operation Phoenix--spiral upward in Vietnam after JFK and no high official ever takes the fall. Covert CIA attrocities--torture in Afghanistan and Iraq----spiral upward in Iraq after 9-11 and no high official ever takes the fall.

(T) After JFK, the war in Vietnam leaves many soldiers disenchanted. Brave individuals from the lowest ranks begin to resist and speak out against the war. After 9-11, the war in Iraq leaves many soldiers disenchanted. Brave individuals from the lowest ranks begin to resist and speak out against the war.

(U) After JFK, Enormous national debt is accrued, military casualties spire upward,
public opinion turns negative--and a president is disgraced from office, leaving a legacy as a warmonger. After 9-11, enormous national debt is accrued, military casualties spire upward, public opinion turns negative. - To be continued.

Douglas Herman contributes regularly for Rense and has finished a novel called "The Guns of Dallas," to be published this summer, explaining the likely scenario of the JFK assassination. http://www.rense.com/general63/ccur.htm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: