Strategic Location to Denmark

Joel Skousen's Discussion Forums: Strategic Relocation: Europe: Strategic Location to Denmark
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

Ralph Hughes

Monday, March 20, 2000 - 05:52 pm Click here to edit this post
I'd be interested in hearing from persons with thoughts or opinions on Denmark as a safe place to live in 2003-2005. My wife is still a Danish citizen and we are considering living on the West coast of DK for a couple of years when I retire in 3 years. My understanding of "coming attractions" indicates DK might be out of the mainstream of activity if one can hack the simple life and his inlaws.

jeffzilahy

Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 02:14 pm Click here to edit this post
Oddly enough, Mike Tyson has recently decided to purchase a home in Denmark following his recent bout in Copenhagen.
http://www.msnbc.com/news/647670.asp

Charles Rippel (Ripple)

Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 06:14 pm Click here to edit this post
Find out about their gun laws. That should tell you much about whether you really want to move over there or not.

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 05:11 am Click here to edit this post
My wife and I are now living in Denmark, on the Island of Falster in the SE part of the country. Re gun laws, members of gun clubs may own guns but keep them at the club, according to a nephew who is very active in a shooting club. I think shotguns are kept at home. I think if I wanted a gun while here, I could get one, and I don't fancy myself too terribly imaginative, any more than most.

I the senario that Joel (and I too, for that matter) predicts is correct, I might rather be here at the time. This area is not a likely nuke target. I would, however, be sure to have reserve supplies of food and other essentials, just like we are advised to do at home. There are a lot of properties available in this part of DK because it is an economically depressed area. There is plenty of land for private gardining. I've met a few families with concerns about preparedness who have taken what measures they can under their individual circumstances. Gaining temporary legal residence here or in any foreign country, would be the hard part, although I know from my experience that it can be done. Long term residence could be a problem. But we lived two and a half years in England on tourist visas, which were renewed by exiting and re-entering the country. I can fault DK for a few things, but it is better and I suspect safer than lots of places in the Americas.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: