Sailboats

Joel Skousen's Discussion Forums: Strategic Relocation: Relocation Discussions: Sailboats
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

Richard Rylander

Sunday, May 26, 2002 - 08:59 am Click here to edit this post
I am divorced with 2 young children living 2 hours away, so moving away before the s--t actually does hit the fan is not an option.
My girlfriend and I are considering obtaining second citizenships in Dominica (not D.R.) and buying a liveaboard sailboat, living on it, and leaving if and when chaos begins, either temporarily or permanently.Comments?

Ted Brownlie (Tedt)

Monday, May 27, 2002 - 11:17 pm Click here to edit this post
I think it maybe a good idea.. The question i have is can you go somewhere it will be safe.. I've been thinking about boats, canoes and kayaks in my overall strategic plans.. Ted

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 02:49 am Click here to edit this post
When the NWO gets around to people control, you would be easily spotted at sea. Also, how would you sustain yourselves, since it seems you would be on the run? Your attachment to your children would probably, in a pinch, strongly influence your actions, and your girlfriend might come out second best. Considering your responsibility to your children, you might want to make the best of where you are.

shoots (Gedwards)

Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 08:14 am Click here to edit this post
Living on a boat is a fun idea but in a pinch could make you very vunerable. I mean you can be easily spotted and boarded. In the right place it could work but if the boat got sunk for whatever reasons you'd be suck looking for seashells by the seashore.

Richard Rylander

Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 12:16 pm Click here to edit this post
Having second citizenship out of Dominica, plus a boat registered there gives passage to many other countries.
Sustaining a long trip on sailboat consists of watermaker(100 gals a day from seawater), dehydrated food and fish.
Of course the kids will get the option to come along, either they're old enough to make that decision or if TSHF before the next 5 years, i guess the ex gets that option too.
Sailboat prices are plunging.
I can't think of a better idea than this since I cannot move now.
Of course the NWO MIGHT get all of us, but where I am now, I'm a sitting duck.i'd be happy at that point to get shipwrecked on a very remote island.Castaway didn't look so bad to me.

Steve Stock

Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 12:08 am Click here to edit this post
I recall that Joel said on several different occasions that as bad as things are or may become here in the USA, we're still safer remaining in America than we'd be living in other countries. Growing anti-American sentiment is sweeping the world--and will continue to grow, he predicts. It's all part of the NWO plan--creating enemies which we know will go to war with us later. As Dr. Stan Monteith at Radio Liberty often puts it, "The best enemies money can buy."

Old Salt

Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 02:34 am Click here to edit this post
20 years ago I sold my home and moved aboard a sailing yacht with my two children. Best thing I ever did and I will never return to the dirt. All I can say to those who feel the call of the sea is to follow your dreams and make it happen. Hurricanes and the EU are my only concerns, both avoidable. Cheers

David Haynes (Haynesdavid)

Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 04:14 am Click here to edit this post
Dominica is beutiful. Some wilderness to hide in also.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: