ChristianCommon-Law

Joel Skousen's Discussion Forums: Foundations Of The Ideal State: General Discussion Area: ChristianCommon-Law
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

Charles Bruce, Stewart

Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 09:22 am Click here to edit this post
Hi,

I just came across Joel's work here.

On the surface,
every-thing looks very good, indeed.

I have propositions, unfamiliar to many;
that will force looking in-to deeper issues.

It is probably easier to set it all forth,
by mere references to well-formatted articles
on web pages I have constructed; as follows:

http://www.christiancommonlaw-gov.org/NOCUSA/HierarchiesUSA.html
http://www.christiancommonlaw-gov.org/NOCUSA/Counties.html
http://www.christiancommonlaw-gov.org/NOCUSA/OrderlyGoverningUSA.html

If those of interest in these most imporant issues, can read the propositions contained there-in & respond positively or negatively;
that will be appreciated.

God's Will Be Done,

Charles Bruce, Stewart
Sandy Oregon1-503-668-3932
charles@christiancommonlaw-gov.org

Daniel John Seppings

Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 12:13 pm Click here to edit this post
Hi Joel the mayans have now a new constitution its called the Royal Mayan Constitution a declaration of Independance was made and each tribe in the southern region of Belize including the mopan and the ketchi tribes are joining in to declare all the 500,000 acres as mayan home land.The constitution has a common law structure based on bible principals but the Mayans have chosen to be ruled by a king. It only happened a year ago and its very exciting to see these Mayans rising out of oppression to form a more perfect union for themselves. I suppose you can say its a sign of the times as these Mayans claim to be direct descendants of Jews and have fashioned their constitution after the principals of the old testament. The Lamanites are finally receiving their blessings if you are interested in seeing a copy of their constitution and declaration of Independance said me an email and I'll send you a copy. My email address is danielj_seppings1966@yahoo.com

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 07:03 pm Click here to edit this post
Many prospective readers of this thread may not know anything about Belize or its people, economy, geography, culture and current government. My understanding is that the Mayans do not constitute a majority of the population, and that the Mayans intend to basically seceed from Belize and form a seperate country. Is that the case, or did I minunderstand. In event of a secession, I would expect the government of Belize to suppress the Mayans. Please provide more detail, if you din't mind. Thanks

Daniel John Seppings

Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 03:16 pm Click here to edit this post
Yes, it has been a struggle for the Mayans. They have been constantly vicitimized by the BDF Belize Defense Force. Their leader, Julian Cho from the Toledo Mayan Cultural Council, was brutally murdered after he appealed internationally for support in their efforts to obtain the right to their lands, some 500,000 acres, what he and other indigenous in the region called "The Mayan Homeland." He sued the Belize government for rights to the land, a case that seemed to be headed in their favour, and the government forces stepped in and took out Cho. A rod was stuck through Cho's head, but the BDF declared the death an accident. The Mayan community was outraged by this claim and wanted the body exhumed for re-examination, which subsequently revealed that his body had been tortured before being murdered.
In 2002, one of the tribal leaders was shot eleven times, execution style, and the front page of the Belize Times said it was a political hit--the reason for the hit being the new highway planned for the region, part of what many people are familiar with, the Plan Puebla Panama, which comes up from Guatemala through Belize. The highway would bring much social and economic change to the region (and none of this positive) as well as displacing many of the indigenous groups inhabiting the area--as the Mayans had no titles to the land. The highway was also to to occupy lands of up to one mile on either side of its passage through this part of Belize, making the land state land, which would then be sold to create hacienda-like land monopolies and to oil companies for exploration.
This caused the two major tribes in the region, the Mopan and the Ketchi, to fight for their rights and form an assembly, declaring their independence. Their new nation is called the Royal Mopan and Ketchi Mayan Kingdom. Again, if you would like more details on the constitution and declaration of independence they developed, contact me and I will send you copies of the documents.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: