Internet

Joel Skousen's Discussion Forums: Foundations Of The Ideal State: General Discussion Area: Internet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 02:36 pm Click here to edit this post
Recently there have been reports of what appears to be an attempt by foreign interests to take control of the internet away from the American interests that set it up, and give the control to a United Nations organization. The particulars were confusing to me, but I fail to understand why, if any other interests want to control an internet, that they just don't set up their own.

I don't think it is just that they want to take it away from Americans, but rather to gain a control that will ultimately enable them to censor communications like this, and most of the others on this site and others like it. Some other non-US organization setting up their own internet does not seem to be an option. The goal seems to be getting control of all internet communications.

Any otheer thoughts?

Steve Stock (Steveandkaystoc)

Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 07:00 pm Click here to edit this post
I just read the following article at http://www.worldaffairsbrief.com and found it interesting as well as discouraging that the United States made the “countries to watch” list as other nations cast doubts about America’s commitment to freedom of expression.

The 15 Enemies of the Internet and Other Countries to Watch

Reporters Without Borders marks the World Summit on the Information Society by presenting 15 countries that are "enemies of the Internet" and pointing to a dozen others whose attitude to it is worrying.

http://www.rsf.org/article.php3?id_article=15613

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 07:57 pm Click here to edit this post
Even if all other nations voted unanimously to take away control of the internet from the US, how could they physically accomplish it short of war or threats of some kind? I imagine it could be done only with the complicity of the US companies that run it now and with complicity of the US FedGov.

Gary R. Van Horn (Cyrus35)

Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 08:42 pm Click here to edit this post
So, what is so surprising? There has been a concerted drive to establish a world-wide government that will have control of all the world's people and resources. It will NOT conform to the U.S. Constitution.

At present, it appears that the United Nations is the most likely candidate. Read the United Nations charter. It is closer to the "Constitution"of the Soviet Union than to that of the United States.

Inherent in any tyranny is control of the means of communication. That certainly includes the Internet.
The Red Chinese have already developed an effective means of controlling content on the Internet in that despotic country and have very good software that enables the Communists to track down any "illegal" web sites that publish material that the Party doesn't like.

You can bet that the move to turn over the Internet to a United Nations agency has powerful support from collectivists and New World Order advocates in this country.

And a lot of your neighbors voted for the politicians who have brought us to this sorry situation.

Cyrus35

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 12:23 am Click here to edit this post
Let me try this on. I think it is via the internet that more has in recent years been revealed and passed around about the globalist, NWO effort than in any other way. Just look at all that can be read on this site and thru the WorldAffairsBrief site. Then throw in all the emails that discuss and criticize the globalist activities. Would it not be in the interest of the NWO globalists to shut this off somehow. And what better, safer way to do it than by giving control of the internet to some organization external to the USA. I don’t see how censorship could be implemented so that a message like this, for example, could be blocked without each and every message going past a reader looking for messages hostile to the NWO cause. But if that’s the way it is to be accomplished, as I assume it is in those countries on the “Enemies of the Internet” list, it would let the cat out of the bag too soon and arouse Americans and other Westerners to awareness of the true intent and anger that the globalists are not ready to deal with yet. It may be that the globalists in our own country are behind this for the express purpose of shutting us down and being able to blame the new controllers in other countries. Does this sound too bizzare?

Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 04:38 pm Click here to edit this post
RHughes,
It is well to realize that only a small minority of Americans today give a d___ about such issues.

Most are happy if they have full bellies, and a color TV. You may be among the informed, moral, and concerned minority but it is indeed a minority and a relatively penniless one at that.

The world's great fortunes are controlled, by and large, by conscienceless predators who do not hesitate to crush their potential rivals.

The events of the future have been foretold by prophets, both ancient and modern. They can be understood by those who are willing to sacrifice the time to read, to ponder, and, most importantly, to discern by the Spirit, the truths revealed by them.

Unrepentant humanity has no future but death or slavery. For them the chances of survival are 0%.
Only the humble and repentant have any appreciable chance of survival. It may not be 100%, but even 80% is preferrable to 0%.

Read carefully the Book of Revelation, Mathhew 24 (JST), and the New Translation of Isaiah. BTW, the Isaiah chapters quoted in the book of 2Nephi in the Book of Mormon are quite revealing.
I have found that the prophecies of Isaiah (New Translation) have an abundance of detail about the Last Days.

But... to return to the question of control of the Internet and our continued, unfettered use of it, our window of opportunity is closing.

The Insiders, NWO devotees, Secret Combination, Gadiontanem, etc. CANNOT allow any challenges to their absolute authority over the human race. This, BTW, includes the challenge to their authority represented by the traditional family and traditional marriage.

Too gloomy a prospect for us? We must turn to God and live. He is our hope in ages past and is still our hope today and in the dangerous future.

Cyrus35

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 08:43 pm Click here to edit this post
I'm on the same page with you, Gary, as far as concern about what is coming down the pike. I generally refer to it as "comming attractions", from the old movie previews. I note that the ancient prophet John, in Revelation 13 tells us that the "beast" will make war with the saints (I take that to mean good people everywhere) and overcome them, and have power over all nations and people. What the "beast" will do with that power is what we have to try to figure out and prepare for, as best we can.

Focusing just on the internet for now, it has been once again brought to my attention that one reason the PTB may not be censoring the internet yet is by allowing us continued correspondence they can identify for future reference those of us who are most apt to oppose the "beast" and their plans for America, those of us who need to be removed from society as traitors. Note the accusations already that people who do not approve of the US invasion of Iraq are automatically "unsupportive of our troops", which can easily be translated into "traitors". Obviously, I'm not sweating it, although my wife does worry about my correspondence and other sharing of my views and opinions. Her step-mother's first husband was active in the underground communications network in Denmark during WW2, and was hauled out of the bakery where he worked and disappeared one day. Different perspective and experiences - different concerns.

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 09:34 pm Click here to edit this post
Another thing you brought to my attention, Gary. As you said in your own way, there are far too many Joe Sixpacs and others who are distracted by what we on this site and others would consider frivolous things. But I'd bet that both you and I have a good many associates who do take life very seriously, only they are not concerned about the issues that we discuss here. My associates put considerable effort into raising their children right with wholesome activities, participating in church activities, and spending time and energy on activities and affairs that they consider more important than understanding and preparing specifically for the NWO. Most are trying to prepare for the "beast" without really understanding what it is and what it will do to us. Even I sometimes wonder if all this is worth my time and resources, if none of my family or local associates are willing or able to help out. Back in September our city held a Constitution Celebration Week, with some real good activities designed to inform people about the founders of our country, the Constitution, and the threats to our freedoms. The participation was pitiful. I got some interesting facial expressions when I tried to get some of these "good people" around here interested in the seminars on the Constitution. I'm told JBS membership is way down from what it was a decade or two ago. I would love to find ways to get more people interested and involved in the effort to salvage our country.

Kay Camden (Kay)

Monday, November 21, 2005 - 08:39 pm Click here to edit this post
Re: “Even I sometimes wonder if all this is worth my time and resources…” Don’t we all share this same thought at one time or another? Sure, but somehow, someway, someday, Ralph, I predict that it will all come together in a way we never would have guessed. You may think that few paid close attention to your message now, but all it takes is a few to remember later—the select few who will be called as tomorrow’s leaders, the ones who will, indeed, remember things they heard you say or what they read at places like World Affairs Brief and other great alternative news sites.

Monday, November 21, 2005 - 11:57 pm Click here to edit this post
Kay and Ralph,

Many will not pay attention until THEIR "ox is gored." Then, they will be very concerned. However, this means that there has to be someone around who has made the sacrifice of time and money to inform themselves of true history and true principles.

Otherwise, as a wise man once said: "Action without knowledge becomes fanaticism, but knowledge without action is futile."

Cheers,

Cyrus35

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 08:33 am Click here to edit this post
Thanks for your input, Steve, Gary and Kay. I guess I'm not wild about our being just a "few". But we'll just have to live with it. I do have occasions to discuss our concerns with others, and I've really got no right to complain. How I got to this point has been a slow process, that may have begun with a visit to a John Birch Society cottage meeting back in 1966, and later reinforced by a landlord who in late 1971 did two things which left a lasting impression on me. First, when I told him I was considering a job with the CIA, he asked why. In response to one of my reasons he stated that I'd be doing more good for the other side because the CIA was so infiltrated. (I guess Ames and Hanssen proved him right) The other thing he did which I greatly admired was at considerable expense to himself and with I believe considerable financial backing in addition to his own resources, established the Freeman Institute for the purpose of teaching Americans about the US Constitution and the threats to destroy it and merge America into a one world political, economic and military unit. The Freeman Institute eventually evolved into the National Center for Constitutional Studies (NCCS), which has all but dried up due largely, I believe, to human weakness. But it, like the JBS, planted many seeds.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: