Action Item

Joel Skousen's Discussion Forums: Foundations Of The Ideal State: General Discussion Area: Action Item
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Monday, December 12, 2005 - 12:15 am Click here to edit this post
You may have read by now that President Bush has recently been accused of blaspheming the US Constitution by saying “It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!” in the presence of other elected officials. Concerned Americans should know if this is true or false. Would you please consider emailing your congressmen and asking him or her to investigate the truthfulness of this accusation of blasphemy toward our Constitution by the President. My own email is below as a sample. To some this may seem like a waaste of effort. But if you share this request with others, it would bring to the attention of many more Americans the apparent attitude of our President toward the US Contitution, and at the same time call greater attention to its current demise and the need for us all to befriend the Constitution and insist that our elected officials do so. And inundating Congress with these requests might make its members more aware of our concern about the ongoing shredding of the Constitution. If the accusation is false, and I hope it is, we should insist that the perpetrators of the accusation be identified and accused of slander. Many of you receiving this have congressmen who should be especially alarmed and concerned if the accusation turns our to be true.

Congressmen can be emailed directly by going to:
http://capwiz.com/liberty/dbq/officials/ or http://capwiz.com/jbs/home/

Ralph Hughes

My email to my congressmen as an example:

Please review the articles referenced below. They both accuse President Bush of having stated, apparently in the presence of and to other elected legilsators and others, "Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,... “It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!”

www.capitolhillblue.com/a...7779.shtml

www.globalnewsmatrix.com/...e&sid=3886

This is a serious accusation against the President, especially in view of his pledge at his inauguration to uphold the Constitution, and the accusation has been made on other web sites as well. Please make every effort to determine if this accusation is true or false, and who was present at the time of the reported outburst by President Bush, and get back to me at..............

Thank you,

Steve Stock (Steveandkaystoc)

Monday, December 12, 2005 - 05:14 am Click here to edit this post
Dear President Bush; about that "g-d----d piece of paper."

“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,” Bush screamed back. “It’s just a g------d piece of paper!”

Let us start out with the fact that the Constitution is actually written on parchment, not paper. A trivial point, I grant you, but one that reveals (along with your inability to correctly pronounce the word "nuclear") a shocking lack of education in a head of state.

But to get to the point, the Constitution is not the parchment itself, but the ideas written upon it; ideas which form the foundations of our nation, ideas which would carry equal weight if written on stone, glass, metal, or even paper. These ideas are the soul of the nation. They include the recognition that the people of this nation have certain rights, rights which the government does not have the authority to remove. These rights include freedom of speech, to say what we think about the nation at any and all times, to write that opinion down and share it however we choose to. These rights include the freedom to worship as we choose, free from coercion. These rights include the right to privacy, in our homes and businesses, free from government intrusions other than in very specific and well-defined circumstances.

Maybe those rights are inconvenient to you, as such rights are always inconvenient to tyrants, but you are not allowed the choice which rights you will abide by or not. That too is spelled out explicitly in the Constitution.

The Constitution isn't just a piece of paper or parchment. It's a contract; the original contract with America. It's the contract you yourself swore an oath to preserve, protect, and defend against all enemies both foreign and domestic. You attached your name to that promise. You swore that oath before a judge of the United States Supreme Court, with your hand on a Bible. That isn't just scenery for the cameras. Swearing an oath before a judge carries legal obligations with that oath, and legal penalties for breaking that oath.

The election process by which you claim authority is defined in that Constitution. And as you claim authority by Constitutional process, so too are you limited by Constitutional process. If you act outside the limits of the Constitution, you are no longer acting as the President, but as a private citizen abusing the powers with which you were trusted. A government that acts outside the Constitution ceases to be the legal government of this land.

The Constitution exists not only to tell the government what it may do, but more importantly what it may not do. You, as the President, are not allowed to declare wars without the US Congress. You, the President, are not allowed to seize people at random and send them off to be tortured. And most of all, you, the President, and not allowed to lie to the people and to the Congress.

Every President before you, including your father, swore that oath to preserve, protect, and defend that Constitution. Millions of Americans died in wars in the firm belief that the form of government describes on that parchment was worth such a sacrifice. To state that the Constitution is just a "d---d piece of paper" is a slap in the face of every American who ever donned the uniform of the military forces of this country.

Go over to Arlington National Cemetery. It's not that far from where you live. Look at those tombstones. By your statement, you have written across every one the words, "Died for a g------d piece of paper."

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/pieceofpaper.php

See also Kurt Nimmo’s commentary--Bush Trashes Constitution, Few Notice—at http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/december2005/111205Bush_trashes.htm

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Monday, December 12, 2005 - 09:47 pm Click here to edit this post
The man who wrote the original article about President Bush calling the US Constitution "just a Goddamned piece of paper" did a follow up piece that appeared Monday 12/12/05 on http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7797.shtml

To summarize, the writer, Doug Thomson, stated that a GOP operative, whatever that is, had emailed him about the White House meeting where Bush called the Constitution “just a goddamned piece of paper". He then states that a second aide, in casual conversation, mentioned the comment, although it's not clear to whom the second aide was speaking. He then states: "So I called a third source who has confirmed information in the past. At first he was defensive.
“Who told you about that?” I told him I’d picked it up from two other sources.
“Look, you know how the President is,” he said. “He gets agitated when people challenge him.”
All I wanted to know was did the President of the United States call the Constitution a “goddamned piece of paper.”
“Yeah. He did.”

Considering the apologetic and backpedaling tone of this latest article, which leads me to suspect he is taking flak for having reported the incident, I have very little reason to question its truthfulness. In additon, I can see no reasons for fabricating or "planting" a story like this.

According to the article, only White House staff members were there, no congressmen. So it appears to be another "leak".

Kay Camden (Kay)

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 05:43 am Click here to edit this post
Comments from Pastor Chuck Baldwin:

If President Bush said the things Thompson accuses him of saying, it is monumentally important! It reveals a side of G.W. Bush that has been heretofore hidden from the public...

Did President Bush really say the things Doug Thompson quotes him as saying? I sincerely hope not. And if he did not, Mr. Thompson certainly owes his readers and the President an apology. However, if it proves to be true, will conservative Christians admit that everything they were led to believe about G.W. Bush was a lie, because indeed it would be?!

If President Bush truly believes the Constitution is "just a g-d- piece of paper," he is capable of any attack against it.

Yet, there is another revelation contained in President Bush's remarks, if they be true: his repeated blasphemy of God's name...

See full commentary at http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin271.htm

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 01:30 pm Click here to edit this post
I guess we'll never know for sure if President Bush said what Thompson's reported sources supposedly said the President said. A FedGov that can so successfully cover-up and decieve the American people about the OKC bombing and 911, among other deceptions, can surely cover-up for Bush's remarks.

Jake Coltrane (Jakecoltrane)

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 02:11 pm Click here to edit this post
Here are follow-up comments from Doug Thompson:

President Bush Is Well-Known For Being Extremely Profane - But That Isn't The Story
http://www.rense.com/general69/profane.htm

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 11:23 am Click here to edit this post
Another Issue needing our action. I guess I haven't given up yet. I just modified this slightly and sent it to my congressmen with copies to another forum and to email address list.

America’s immigration policy is a recipe for national disaster. It’s like injecting our nation with a cultural and population bomb. If you are concerned, please read the following. Then, as the writer suggests, stand up, speak out, call out, write up, join up, but never give up.

www.newswithviews.com/Woo...sty114.htm

www.newswithviews.com/Woo...sty115.htm

FIRST: STOP the anchor baby scam immediately. NO automatic citizenship by birth from any alien, immigrant, or visitor--legal or illegal. BOTH mother and father must show proof of citizenship before any child is given citizenship.

SECOND: NO amnesty or citizenship to illegals, ever--no matter how long they've been here, or how many legal family members they have here. No government benefits. No reclaimed taxes. No drivers' licenses. No voter registration.

THIRD: NO free or reduced cost education, health care, food, social security benefits, student visas, or anything else to any non-citizen--legal or illegal. Better yet, restore independence to all Americans by abolishing all government entitlement programs for everybody.

FOURTH: REPEAL the Immigration Reform Act of 1965. Bring our legal immigration quota back down to 100,000 total per year--no more. Severely limit impoverished and third world immigrants and those with unreasonably large families. Abolish all preference for family members.

FIFTH: NO shortcuts on becoming a citizen (for legal aliens). The full five year naturalization shall apply to everybody.

SIXTH: REPEAL all "Special Order 40's" nationwide--the insane laws that prohibit law enforcement from arresting illegals--even when observed committing felonies. No more sanctuary policies for any city.

SEVENTH: REFUSE immigrants who can't speak and write fluent English. Abolish all government programs in any languages other than English.

EIGHTH: STOP industrial and business incentives and grants for foreigners. Stop foreign land purchases. Limit leases to foreigners to no more than 10 years.

NINTH: STOP the foreign aid giveaways--all forms of aid--both economic and military. Stop importing refugees. End entangling alliances and all forms of meddling into the affairs and wars of other nations. We must quit trying to build empires and manipulate other governments.

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 11:28 am Click here to edit this post
The complete website addresses for the above are

http://www.newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frosty114.htm
and

http://www.newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frosty115.htm

Congress contact links on the first post on this thread.

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 10:46 pm Click here to edit this post
I assume most of you have read in the 27 January WAB the report that “HOMELAND SECURITY WILL CONTROL SAFE DEPOSIT BOXES IN A CRISIS”. I’d like to probe deeper into this, and it was suggested to me that I approach my Bank of America branch manager and ask the following: "Have you received any instructions from Homeland Security on how to handle access to safety deposit boxes in a national emergency." If he or she says no, then show him/her a copy of the article from www.bellaciao.com and ask for comment. If he/she still denies it, look him/her in the eye and say, "are you under an obligation not to talk about this?"

I did this in one BofA branch today and was told “No! No!” with a face that meant to say "no" but could have meant most anything.

It may be a bit early for all branch managers to have gotten the word, but may I suggest we all try it and report back what response we each get.

Steve Stock (Steveandkaystoc)

Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 06:16 am Click here to edit this post
It's free to try it, but asking a bank manager much of anything is like asking Satan, "Are you the devil?" Do you really think he'd answer "yes" when it's easier to lie and cover up deception? My opinion is that long before Homeland Security, all bank managers are trained to act as wolves in sheep's clothing. Even if some of the rare few who'd like to be truthful with customers tried replying honestly, they risk losing their cozy jobs at a time when good, stable incomes are practically extinct. When the choice comes down to risking their own personal comfort zones or defending honesty and liberty, even most of the better bank managers would kow-tow to bank policy and declare, "Liberty, be d---ed," and then go do whatever it takes to hold their own forts together. They aren't worrying about the fort of America as a whole or what happens to any of us average Joes out here. Bankers probably more than any other businesspeople, by choice and by training, make money their #1 priority. Has anyone ever met a bank manager or bank president who didn't put money above most everything else in life?

But you are right, Ralph, that it doesn't hurt to check and see what responses we each get. It would probably be humorous to come back and compare all the bank managers' lame, lying answers. Bank tellers used to act more like regular people because they are usually less educated and kept in the dark like the customers. Anymore even the young bank tellers, even the friendly, fresher faces there are highly-trained predators. It's impossible to get through adult life without using the bank, at least a little, but for the last decade or two, I find no place I go as depressing and artificial as when I visit banks. The phoniness at banks linger in all their voices, in their signs, in their literature, in the entire banking atmosphere...at least at all the banks I frequent, fraud clings to the air like heavy, cheap perfume. I've changed banks, in search of more honesty, and it's the same story at every bank I choose. Same old con games, same old worn-out script used at each bank.

Instead of "Give me liberty or give me death," when it comes to banks, smart people who want to build and protect their assets say these days, "Give me liberty...give me gold and silver that's NOT stored in safe deposit boxes inside wolf-dens mislabeled as US 'banks'!"

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 03:24 pm Click here to edit this post
We have some gold and silver coins that I plan to cache on our property somewhere safe. I am working on finding a good safe place. And I plan to confront another BofA bank branch manager tomorrow.

Kay Camden (Kay)

Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 06:42 pm Click here to edit this post
I ran a Google search on this safe deposit box topic. Here are my findings as of Jan. 29, 2006:

Still_one wrote:

I thought it was a BS story to, but my wife told me she heard the same thing on Independent New Network while watching Free Speech TV. I am now not so sure…

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=103&topic_id=186660&mesg_id=186660

From the same link above, Coastie For Truth pointed out:

Similar Rumors
1. All privately owned fire arms will be seized (The NRA uses this to shoot down gun licensing.)
2. All privately owned "Ham Radios" (in the 150 MHZ and 440 MHZ bands - close to fire, police, medic) will be seized. (end of Coastie For Truth post)

Back at http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=103&topic_id=186660&mesg_id=186660 Katty comments that:

“Many have moved their gold to safe havens overseas.”

Mcscajun wrote:

BOSSHOG recently reported from the Katrina Zone that his family's safe deposit box, along with all the others from destroyed or badly damaged banks in the area, had been removed to a secure, undisclosed location. They got everything back.

Follow-up to Katrina paragraph above:

There was a post here just recently from BOSSHOG regarding his family's safe deposit box:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

In it, he describes how he had to go 50 miles from where the box had been located to retrieve the contents, as the EPA (or so he'd been told) had removed all the boxes to a secure, undisclosed location. In another post in the same thread, he mentions: "The place was like a miniature version of the last scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark."

He got everything back, although many of his papers were damaged by flood. He didn't mention having any weapons.

From http://www.ethicscommittee.ca/hepititis/article.php?id=112030&group=sci.med.diseases.hepatitis:

Now where have I heard this before...?

By Executive Order Of The President
of The United States, March 9, 1933

"By virtue of the authority vested in me by Section 5 (b) of the Act of October 6, 1917, as amended by Section 2 of the Act of March 9, 1933..., in which Congress declared that a serious emergency exists, I as President, do declare that the national emergency still exists; that the continued private hoarding of old and silver by subjects of the United States poses a grave threat to the peace, equal justice, and well-being of the United States; and that appropriate measures must be taken immediately to protect the interests of our people."

Therefore, pursuant to the above authority, I hereby proclaim that such gold and silver holdings are prohibited, and that all such coin, bullion or other possessions of gold and silver be tendered within fourteen days to agents of the Government of the United States for compensation at the official price, in the
legal tender of the Government.

All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed, pending action in the due course of the law. All sales or purchases or movements of such gold and silver within the borders of the United States and its
territories and all foreign exchange ransactions or movements of such metals across the border are hereby prohibited.

Your possession of these proscribed metals and/or your maintenance of a safe deposit box to store them is known by the government from bank and insurance records. Therefore, be advised that your vault box must remain sealed, and may
only be opened in the presence of an agent of the Internal Revenue Service.

By lawful order given this day, the President of the United States...

TipsyCatLover wrote:

I remember being horrified when Pres. Clinton instituted the "Know your customer" rule at banks. Individual bank tellers were responsible for informing on bank customers whose banking habits exhibited something other than their normal routine. If a bank teller did not meet his quota (yes there were quotas) he or she would be fired. Any bank that had substantially less suspect customers than other banks in the area risked closure.

http://www.etherzone.com/forum/index.php/topic,582.0.html

Anonymous Coward wrote:

I would be very surprised if a bank reimbursed for safe deposit boxes losses. The are insured by the FDIC (Federal DEPOSIT Insurance Corporation), DEPOSIT being the key word here. Yes you "deposit" your items in the "safe box", but I believe what they are referring to is an actual "deposit" in an account. Why would anybody be surprised that Homeland Security could put a hold on YOUR safe deposit box? They (government) have total control over us and all our possessions.
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/bbs/message.php?messageid=202424

Omega responded:

Your stuff ain't safe. All's TPTB has to do is declare a banking holiday (like they did on 6/06/1933)...

And it’s gone.

Anonymous Coward also said:

Next bank holiday will knock zeroes off your bank account. Believe it! It happened in Germany after WWII because the money had been inflated to being worthless.

US debt limit is nearly as high as it can go. One more increase and it's all over. The FDIC has less than a penny to cover each dollar on deposit, maybe nothing now. You can kiss your bank account goodbye and your house and your cars. There are no more rabbits to pull out of their black hats.

Paladin pointed out from the following paragraph:

(a) ESTABLISHMENT OF CORPORATION.--There is hereby established a Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (hereinafter referred to as the "Corporation") which shall insure, as hereinafter provided, the deposits of all banks and savings associations which are entitled to the benefits of insurance under this Act, and which shall have the powers hereinafter granted…

… that “a corporation can go under.”

Anonymous Coward warns:

There is no FDIC insurance for safe deposit box items. Period. Call your bank and ask. (end of AC post).

On a slightly different note, be sure to read Laila Sultan’s Bank of America/safe deposit box horror story. In her own words here is her story at http://www.thesqueakywheel.com/complaints/2005/AUG/complaint7180.cfm

For a longer, more detailed version of Laila’s nightmare with Bank of America, see:

http://tribes.tribe.net/c9137d0f-8dd1-4c08-8083-f469f21c1444/thread/dfeacfb9-8103-4481-b2a4-f1a17859a4c4

If you use a bank safe deposit box, don't expect the bank to insure its contents. Make sure your homeowners insurance covers anything valuable. http://www.freemoneyfinance.com/identity_theft/

Snopes (a gov disinfo site?) just added this on the Bank of America/safe deposit box story:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/safedeposit.asp

Notice how they go out of their way at the very end to try to discourage us from approaching the bank managers and asking tough questions?

Gary R. Van Horn (Cyrus35)

Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 06:49 pm Click here to edit this post
I think that I would rather have food than either gold or silver. Gold and silver coins would be the real money of a just society whenever we can get back to one.

It may be that we will have to survive the collapse or destruction of the present society before re-building it as a more just and constitutional one.

Many LDS look forward to the redemption of Zion, but from what I understand, there is only a small fraction worthy or willing to do so.

They have had 175 years to do so and haven't. How sad.

I believe that it is a MEMBER problem, not a CHURCH or LEADERSHIP problem.

Cyrus35

Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 07:22 pm Click here to edit this post
Coming Asset Confiscation of Your Safe Deposit Box

By Al Martin

Using the pretense of the War on Terrorism, the Bush Cheney Regime has established the groundwork for confiscating the contents of citizens' safe deposit boxes, writes political and economic analyst Al Martin, in his column "The Bush Cheney Regime's Asset Confiscation Policy: A Review" (7-11-05)

In an effort to curb middle class flight capital, the Secret Service has been given the authority to check safe deposit boxes not only for gold and silver but liquid assets like diamonds etc. using the Patriot Acts I and II…

Full article at http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/channel.cfm?channelid=49&contentid=2429

Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 07:41 pm Click here to edit this post
From “Your Vault Is Hereby Sealed” at http://www.kitco.com/ind/Akerman/jul152003.html B.B of New Jersey writes as follows:

“I don't worry about confiscation from the government. I simply won't announce my holdings and neither will I cash it in. I think many Americans are a lot more savvy than they were in 1933. Would the government also ask for our silver? Don't think so. If there are countries that use gold coins as money, would they forbid U.S. citizens from owning foreign money also? Don't think so. Gold coins were considered ‘collectible’ and were not forbidden in 1933. Would they forbid ‘collectibles’ too? Don't think so. And if a law were passed and good citizens complied, would the government stop them from taking their cash, sending it overseas, buying gold and having it held in a Swiss bank? Don't think so. There are too many ways to own gold, so any law forbidding ownership seems antiquated to me. This is 2003, not 1933. People trusted their government then, not now....sad to say.”

Phil D. wonders whether confiscation would have the unintended effect of helping to push gold prices skyward…

Full article at
http://www.kitco.com/ind/Akerman/jul152003.html

Gold Confiscation Act of 1933
http://www.austincoins.com/confiscation.htm

From “Acquiring Precious Metals” at http://www.inforadionet.com/economic/stormproof/acquiring.html:

Storage of Precious Metals

The following are suggestions and instructions for the storage of you precious metals:

1. Safe Deposit Boxes

Although bank deposit boxes are the most convenient avenue for storing your precious metals, eventually it will become necessary to bring them home. It is simply a bailee/bailor relationship. Due to this fact, you are only renting secured space and we should be more concerned with confiscation rather than bank closings. What you keep in your safe deposit box is not legally consuetude to be the asset of the bank. When silver prices reach $25-$50 per ounce and gold reaches $1,500-$2,000 per ounce, the market is telling us that things are not right in the economy and it is time to bring them home.

2. Personal Safes

Owning your own safe is another option for protecting precious metals. We must make sure that any safe we buy is heavy enough that it cannot be easily removed. Small "fire proof" cash boxes will not do. Another rule of thumb is to try to purchase a safe that resembles an ordinary bank vault. Try to find a safe that has at least 3/8 inch steel as well as door bolts that run throughout the door.

3. Underground Storage (Midnight Gardening)

In periods of extreme economic and civil disorder, many folks may desire to become "midnight gardeners." If you are planning on burying precious metals, there are a few steps that should be taken to insure protection of the metals from other people as well as the elements. The following is a list of items recommended for underground storage:

A. PVC pipe (4" to 12" in diameter and at least 5 feet long)
B. PVC end covers
C. PVC sealant for end pieces
D. Silica gel or crystals (can be found in hobby shop-used to dry flowers)
E. Old iron pipe

Before sealing the pipe, use a porous cloth as a bag for the silica in order for it to absorb any moisture. Make sure to place the bag inside the PVC pipe while in storage. Obviously, it is not suggested to completely fill the pipe. Also, do not store all metal holdings in one place. It is recommended that the PVC be buried approximately 5' to 6' deep. Bury the iron pipe one and a half feet above the PVC. Make sure all your metals are individually wrapped or kept from being loose and scraping one another in the process. Always remember the location of the pipe for later retrieval.

The most important element of security is secrecy. Be vary careful with whom you share information about your holding.

Shawnee Lane (Shawnee)

Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 08:02 pm Click here to edit this post
I disagree with this guy who made the following post in 2003:

“Adam Hamilton wrote a good piece on why gold confiscation won't happen. Search for it at gold-eagle.com or at his site. www.zealllc.com.

Silver may be another story since it's required for national security reasons, and since the above ground inventory is so historically low.

You may only need a tiny little piece of silver to produce a product, but you *have* to have that little piece. So you'll pay up for it. It doesn't increase the price of the product so that it makes a difference.”

He thinks there will be no gold confiscation. I believe during a crisis they will confiscate gold. He believes silver will be confiscated. I’m betting that silver will never be confiscated.

However, he makes a good point here:

A number of banks, Washington Mutual, Sterling Savings Bank, and Venture Bank among them, reportedly have sent out "Changes in Terms" notices to all of their customers. As of January 1st say the reports, you won't be able to store cash, or gold or silver in your safe deposit boxes! I've written to Washington Mutual for a comment, but haven't heard back from them yet. Most people don't even read the "change in Terms" because it's not a negotiated thing. You accept the terms or find another bank. So these "notices" usually get "round filed" without reading. Except by our sharp-eyed readers.

Confiscation set up? The fine print and a few scattered calls seem to indicate that this is being done under the disguise of "National Security", but it's a far stretch for us to figure how our small pile of coins in a safe deposit box constitutes a threat to the country. Unless the buck is in bigger trouble than we ever thought - and judging by overnight currency moves, that could very well be the case!

Please call your bank today, and ask them if it's true that no bullion/coins/currency will be allowed in their safe deposit boxes starting January 1st and then file a report by clicking here. If it turns out to be true, one could infer without being written off as a Looney (a crazy person, not the Canadian coin) that the events of post 9/11 are being used to set up gold confiscation. Especially when you couple this development with reports that Homeland Security has sneaked through authority to force all gold sales books - including coin shops - be opened for federal inspectors. How would you set up confiscation?

Like I need a safe deposit box for storing my car titles and such? That's why cars are registered and we have things like lost title reports and the like.
http://list.webengr.com/pipermail/goldmember/2003-December/000206.html

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Monday, January 30, 2006 - 06:32 pm Click here to edit this post
For the second time in 3 days I visited with a BofA branch manager and asked if she or the bank had received any instructions from Homeland Security on how to handle access to safety deposit boxes in a national emergency." In both cases, the replies were NO. I then showed her a copy of the article and ask for her comment. In the second case, at our branch, the manager called the legal department in my presence and read the article to whomever. The reply was basically that "whomever" had heard nothing about it. I then suggested that this article could damage BofA's name and that they ought to run it to ground, and the manager seemed to agree with me. Our visit lasted abut 20 minutes. I left her with a copy of the bellaciao article and a cover letter requesting an investigation of the report and a reply with their findings. May I suggest others take similar action, even just a letter to your BofA branch with a copy of the article requesting investigations and a reply.

Gary R. Van Horn (Cyrus35)

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 12:22 am Click here to edit this post
"I have impounded the wealth of peoples like a nest,
and I have gathered up the whole world
as one gathers abandoned eggs;
not one flapped its wings,
or opened its mouth to utter a peep."

Isaiah 10:14, New Translation

I suggest that Isaiah saw our day, knew of the coming of a cruel and tyrannical world ruler who would take all that we have, and we would not dare to complain.

Those who will not heed the words and warnings of both ancient and modern prophets will suffer the consequences of their grasshopper ways.

Cyrus35

Kay Camden (Kay)

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 05:49 am Click here to edit this post
Why Treasures in Safe Deposit Boxes Get 'Lost'

Each year thousands of safe deposit boxes are declared "abandoned" and their contents turned over to the state – even when their owners could be easily found.-MSN Money
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Banking/Betterbanking/P109173.asp

Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 03:51 pm Click here to edit this post
Privacy and Ethical Implications of Information Warfare

There is one potent defense against the information warfare/critical infrastructure protection agenda and that is the political one. By using the democratic political process to deny funding for these various info war programs, the military and intelligence agencies cannot implement their agendas. Without funding, military contractors will lose interest in the subject and wander off to some other watering holes or grazing fields to satiate themselves. Therefore, it is important to organize political opposition to these programs at the national levels (U.S. Congress, British House of Commons, Russian Duma, German Bundestag, Japanese Diet, Israeli Knesset) and the supranational levels (European Parliament, Council of Europe, Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, United Nations). The stakes are too important not to act.-Wayne Madsen

More at http://www.rense.com/general70/eth.htm

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 10:55 pm Click here to edit this post
According to the 19 March '06 Deseret News, (http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635192826,00.html ), senators are considering at least seven different options for how to legalize the immigration status (aka grant amnesty) for the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants residing in the U.S. Many Americans believe legallizing the X million illegals currently in the US will lead to further immigrations and even greater strain on our economic situation in several ways, and is but another stepping stone in the unifiction of the USA with Canada and Mexico planned by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR). If you oppose the legalization of illegals already in the US, and I hope you do, please email your senators and congressional representatives something like the following:

"Help Solve the Illegal Immigration Crisis!" -- NO Illegal Immigration! NO "Birthright" Citizenship! NO Amnesty! NO Guest Workers!"

One way is contacy your congressmen is to start at: http://capwiz.com/liberty/dbq/officials/

Click on your state, then click on Full Delegation, and then on each Senator and Representative by name. You will be able to see how to send each one an email.

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 12:14 am Click here to edit this post
I read today on WorldAffairsBrief and elsewhere: "The U.S. Border Patrol is alerting the Mexican government to the locations of civilian border patrol groups when the organizations help detain suspected illegal immigrants or use violence against them, according to a published report."

Note the report implies that the Mexican government is notified when members of a border watch organization participate in detaining a border jumper. It doesn't make sense. If an illegal border jumper is apprehended, the actual apprehension would be done by border patrol officers. And it would take hours at best for the responsible Mexican government office to learn of it. Even if the border jumper gets beat up, it would happen on the US side, and therefore be a state or county issue, not an immdediate concern of the Mexican government, UNLESS elements in the US government are planning to apprehend any border watchers who apprehend a border jumper and perhaps encourage the Mexican Govt. to initiate prosecution of the border watchers. Thw whole things stinks of intentions of elements of our FedGov to intimidate border watchers into giving up their efforts.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 11:24 am Click here to edit this post
President Bush has betrayed us...did you hear THAT, Laura?

In a recent interview on Fox News Sunday, Laura Bush says she doesn’t believe the low poll numbers of her husband. Despite the repeated polling and varied sources of those polls, she just doesn’t buy it. Well, that makes sense. Apparently her husband doesn’t buy all the polls that say Americans don’t want amnesty for illegals, want a wall on the border, and want the military on the border too. Not to mention the ones that say we favor drilling in ANWAR and offshore, because that’s the fastest and easiest way to alleviate the oil crunch. Despite all those polls, her husband just goes on about his merry way...-Don Ramakers

Full commentary at http://newsbyus.com/more.php?id=3506_0_1_0_M

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 10:48 am Click here to edit this post
I think we know why the President just goes on about his merry way. He is being forced down that way by his puppet masters.

Kay Camden (Kay)

Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 11:12 am Click here to edit this post
Welcome To Mexico!

The following is from a director with Southwestern Bell living in Mexico City:

I spent five years working in Mexico. I worked under a tourist visa for three months and could legally renew it for three more months. After that you were working illegally. I was technically illegal for three weeks waiting on the FM3 approval. During that six months our Mexican and US attorneys were working to secure a permanent work visa called an FM3. It was in addition to my US passport that I had to show each time I entered and left the country.

Barbara's was the same except hers did not permit her to work. To apply for the FM3 I needed to submit the following notarized originals (not copies) of my:

1. Birth certificates for Barbara and me.

2. Marriage certificate.

3. High school transcripts and proof of graduation.

4. College transcripts for every college I attended and proof of graduation.

5. Two letters of recommendation from supervisors I had worked for at least one year.

6. A letter from The St. Louis Chief of Police indicating I had no arrest record in the US and no outstanding warrants and was "a citizen in good standing."

7. Finally; I had to write a letter about myself that clearly stated why there was no Mexican citizen with my skills and why my skills were important to Mexico. We called it our "I am the greatest person on earth" letter. It was fun to write.

All of the above were in English that had to be translated into Spanish and be certified as legal translations and our signatures notarized. It produced a folder about 1.5 inches thick with English on the left side and Spanish on the right.

Once they were completed Barbara and I spent about five hours accompanied by a Mexican attorney touring Mexican government office locations and being photographed and fingerprinted at least three times.

At each location (and we remember at least four locations) we were instructed on Mexican tax, labor, housing, and criminal law and that we were required to obey their laws or face the consequences. We could not protest any of the government's actions or we would be committing a felony.

We paid out four thousand dollars in fees and bribes to complete the process.

When this was done we could legally bring in our household goods that were held by US customs in Laredo Texas. This meant we rented furniture in Mexico while awaiting our goods. There were extensive fees involved here that the company paid. We could not buy a home and were required to rent at very high rates and under contract and compliance with Mexican law. We were required to get a Mexican drivers license. This was an amazing process.

The company arranged for the licensing agency to come to our headquarters location with their photography and finger print equipment and the laminating machine. We showed our US license, were photographed and fingerprinted again and issued the license instantly after paying out a six dollar fee. We did not take a written or driving test and never received instructions on the rules of the road.

Our only instruction was never give a policeman your license if stopped and asked. We were instructed to hold it against the inside window away from his grasp. If he got his hands on it you would have to pay ransom to get it back.

We then had to pay and file Mexican income tax annually using the number of our FM3 as our ID number. The company's Mexican accountants did this for us and we just signed what they prepared. I was about twenty legal-size pages annually.

The FM 3 was good for three years and renewable for two more after paying more fees. Leaving the country meant turning in the FM 3 and certifying we were leaving no debts behind and no outstanding legal affairs (warrants, tickets or liens) before our household goods were released to customs.

It was a real adventure and If any of our senators or congressmen went through it once they would have a different attitude toward Mexico. The Mexican Government uses its vast military and police forces to keep its citizens intimidated and compliant. They never protest at their White House or government offices but do protest daily in front of the United States Embassy.

The US embassy looks like a strongly reinforced fortress and during most protests the Mexican Military surround the block with their men standing shoulder to shoulder in full riot gear to protect the Embassy. These protests are never shown on US or Mexican TV. There is a large public park across the street where they do their protesting. Anything can cause a protest such as proposed law changes in California or Texas.

Please feel free to share this with everyone who thinks we are being too hard on illegal immigrants.

http://www.rense.com/general71/welcome.htm

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 12:22 pm Click here to edit this post
Please consider.

https://secure.responseenterprises.com/minutemanhq/?a=100

Ralph Hughes (Rhughes)

Friday, June 30, 2006 - 01:03 am Click here to edit this post
Kay, the hassle you had in order to work legally in Mexico for, I assume, an American company, appears to be little different from the "red tape" I encountered to work in European countries. I've been thru it in Germany, Switzerland, England, Italy, Denmark and Israel. there were minor differences from one country to another, and the companies involved greased the skids as much as they could for me an other ex-pats.

As for making it easy for Mexicans to work here. we need to understand that our FedGov is largely controlled by people intent on destroying the USA, using cheap Mexican labour to lower our standard of living.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: