Securing your home and protecting your family requires more than simply installing solid door locks and a security system. As people in the Northeast discovered during the 1998 winter ice storms, crime is only one type of misfortune that can strike a family.
A PDF version of The 700 page Secure Home is now available for half price---$22. This is an especially valuable option for those who live outside the US where shipping charges for this large book equal the cost of the paper edition. You must use Paypal Send Money for this PDF version, directed to his email address which is formed by his first name, joel, at joelskousen.com. Mention in the comments section what you are ordering. PDF versions are also available for "How to Implement a High Security Shelter in the Home" and the booklet "10 Packs for Survival." Click on Special Reports link at the bottom for more information on these two items.
To illustrate, take the following quiz about the security of your home:
1. How would you keep your house from freezing in the winter if electricity were unavailable for a long period of time? Do you have some type of wood burning heater? What about hot water?
2. Do you have back-up cooking facilities if an earthquake made natural gas unavailable for a month or two? Could you heat hot water?
3. What if you lose both electricity and gas?
4. Would you be willing to rely on batteries and candles for illumination if a major power outage lasted more than a week?
5. Do you have extra tanks of potable water should public water supplies be cut off or contaminated? Would you know how to collect and filter your own water if none was available for a long time?
6. If a winter storm damaged windows in your home, would you have sufficient plastic sheeting and repair materials to quickly enclose the open areas to retain heat?
If you answered "No" to any one of the above questions, your home is NOT secured, and your family is NOT protected.
Learn more about securing your home in my book "The Secure Home." if you are only securing a single room in your home consider my book The High Security Shelter -- a How-To guide for building your own vault room for survival and security in a variety of crises. Foreign buyers of The Secure Home need to contact me at joel at joelskousen.com for additional shipping charges as this book weighs 4 pounds and my website ordering form only calculates domestic shipping. If you already own The Secure Home, check out the online update at Recommended Products and Services. Read more...